Setting up Campaign Influence in Salesforce involves several steps, including configuration, data entry, and reporting. Here's a general guide on how to set up Campaign Influence:
Before you begin, make sure Campaign Influence is enabled in your Salesforce instance. To do this, follow these steps:
- Log in to Salesforce as an administrator.
- Go to "Setup" by clicking on your profile picture or avatar in the top-right corner and selecting "Setup."
- In the Quick Find box, type "Campaign Influence Settings."
- Click on "Campaign Influence Settings."
- Check the box to enable Campaign Influence.
- Save your settings.
Salesforce allows you to create custom attribution models to determine how credit is assigned to campaigns. You can define these models based on your organization's specific needs. To create or modify attribution models:
- In Salesforce Setup, search for "Campaign Influence Attribution Models."
- Create new attribution models or modify existing ones by specifying the rules for assigning influence credit to campaigns. You can choose to assign credit based on different criteria, such as first touch, last touch, or custom rules.
Campaign Influence uses custom fields to store influence data on lead, contact, and opportunity records. You may need to customize your page layouts to include these fields. Here's how:
- In Setup, search for "Object Manager."
- Select "Leads," "Contacts," or "Opportunities," depending on where you want to display Campaign Influence fields.
- Edit the page layouts for the selected object to include Campaign Influence related lists and fields.
To track campaign influence, you need to manually associate leads and contacts with campaigns and record the influence of those campaigns on opportunities. Follow these steps:
- Open a lead or contact record.
- Scroll down to the "Campaign Influence" related list.
- Click "Add Campaign Influence" to associate the lead or contact with a campaign.
- Specify the influence type, such as "Primary Campaign Source" or "Influenced Campaign."
- For opportunities, you can also add campaign influence data on the opportunity record.
Once you've entered campaign influence data, you can create reports and dashboards to analyze the impact of your marketing campaigns on lead and opportunity conversions. You can use standard Salesforce reports or build custom reports based on your organization's needs.
- In Salesforce Setup, search for "Reports and Dashboards."
- Create new reports or dashboards that include Campaign Influence data and use your defined attribution models for analysis.
Provide training to your team members, especially those responsible for data entry and reporting, to ensure they understand how to use Campaign Influence effectively.
Maintaining data accuracy is crucial for Campaign Influence to provide meaningful insights. Ensure that your team consistently associates leads, contacts, and opportunities with the appropriate campaigns and keeps the data up to date.
Regularly monitor your Campaign Influence reports and dashboards to gain insights into the performance of your marketing campaigns. Use these insights to optimize your marketing strategies and allocation of resources.
Campaign Influence in Salesforce can be a powerful tool for tracking the impact of marketing efforts, but it requires proper setup and ongoing maintenance to deliver accurate and valuable insights. Depending on your organization's complexity, it may be beneficial to involve Salesforce experts or consultants to ensure a successful implementation.
Check this article if you want to see what are Campaign Influence benefits and disadvantages.